Sr. Design Producer (UX & Design project manager)
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy was founded with the mission to create a world of “We remove the barriers, embrace simplicity”, offering its real-time monthly consolidated credit service all across Japan.
Paidy started Japan’s first instant post-pay credit service for e-commerce consumers in October 2014. Paidy requires no pre-registration or credit card to use; Paidy consumers purchase products online using only a mobile phone number and email address (verification is established through a four-digit code via SMS or voice pin-code) and settle a single monthly bill for all their purchases, either at a convenience store, by bank transfer or auto-debit. Paidy also supports multi-pay installments and subscriptions. There are currently over 4,000,000 Paidy accounts in use (Oct 2020). Paidy has proved a powerful means of persuading first-time buyers to transact online. Its proprietary models and machine learning
mean that transactions are underwritten in seconds, with guaranteed payment to merchants.
Paidy increases merchant revenues by reducing incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating easy repeat buying.
For more information visit http://www.paidy.com.
The Experience team is responsible for connecting UX, CX, and EX to develop experiences that have a long-term meaningful impact. We strongly believe that our employees should feel connected to the purpose of Paidy before we can take care of our customers the way we want to be treated. The Experience team offers 4 distinct areas of expertise: Experience Strategy and Research, Product and Creative Design, Content Strategy, and Design Operations.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Sr. Design Producer to drive design projects (product and brand/visual) from ideation to delivery.
This role requires you to fully understand both business and user goals and identify any risks that might affect the delivery time and quality. You’ll be required to balance the big picture and the details.
The focus is not to suggest the easiest or fastest ways to deliver as we want to provide the best possible user and brand experiences to stay true to the Paidy’s mission - We take the hassle out of your payment and purchase experiences.
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
○ Serve as a single point of contact and provide support to the Interaction Design team and Visual/UI design team in the planning, gathering requirements and missing info, creating specifications, communication, and keeping projects on track
○ Produce and maintain complex schedules with the detailed design and content activities to inform all stakeholders on key milestones for high-quality project deliverables
○ Coordinate and drive cross-functional reviews and communicate progress and results with clear action items to the key stakeholders
○ Proactively assess risks or raise flags with proposed solutions early in the process to the management team to ensure smooth product development process and project delivery
○ Work with the key stakeholders to coordinate the prioritization and schedule of products by managing expectations and negotiating dates and milestones
○ Manage vendor and freelance relationships including onboarding process
○ Provide support to both Product Designers and Brand/Visual Designers on creative and production best practices
○ Use active listening skills to resolve conflicts with stakeholders
○ Demonstrate Paidy values every day
○ Be a winner
○ Own it and deliver
○ Play an integral role
Your skills and experience:
- 8-10 years of experience with project management
- Thorough understanding of the design development process and process optimization
- Experience with planning, scheduling, project communication, issue and conflict resolutions, change management, and risk management
- Creative background with 3+ years of hands-on experience in design, user experience, and video production
- Deep understanding and command of project management tools
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time with little guidance
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-initiate projects and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to adapt to constant change and encourage others to do the same
- Financial or retail services industry experience
· Bachelors or higher degree in Design, Information Design, Communication, or related field
Please include URLs for an online portfolio to be considered. Please include details of your responsibilities and accomplishments for each of the samples provided.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate an affinity with the Paidy core values:
Be a winner
● Beat expectations
● Display surprising speed
● Embrace risk
Own it and deliver
● Commit to what, when and how to deliver
● Own the actions to deliver
● Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results
Play an integral role
● Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business
● Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture
● Raise the bar
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy App during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!