Senior Interaction Designer
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy was founded with the mission to create a world of “We remove the barriers, embrace simplicity”, offering its real-time monthly consolidated credit service all across Japan.
Paidy started Japan’s first instant post-pay credit service for e-commerce consumers in October 2014. Paidy requires no pre-registration or credit card to use; Paidy consumers purchase products online using only a mobile phone number and email address (verification is established through a four-digit code via SMS or voice pin-code) and settle a single monthly bill for all their purchases, either at a convenience store, by bank transfer or auto-debit. Paidy also supports multi-pay installments and subscriptions. There are currently over 4,000,000 Paidy accounts in use (Oct 2020). Paidy has proved a powerful means of persuading first-time buyers to transact online. Its proprietary models and machine learning mean that transactions are underwritten in seconds, with guaranteed payment to merchants.
Paidy increases merchant revenues by reducing incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating easy repeat buying. For more information visit http://www.paidy.com.
The Experience team is responsible for connecting UX, CX, and EX to develop experiences that have a long-term meaningful impact. We strongly believe that our employees should feel connected to the purpose of Paidy before we can take care of our customers the way we want to be treated. The Experience team offers 3 distinct areas of expertise: Experience Strategy and Research, Product and Creative Design, and Content and Community.
We are looking for a passionate and preserving design leader who knows how to build meaningful experiences and goes out of her/his way to achieve it. You will function as an Interaction Design Lead on complex projects and direct the work of other interaction designers. You will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Customer Support, Legal, Marketing, and Sales to translate business and customer needs into insights-driven design solutions. In this role, you’ll have ownership where you make well-informed decisions on how the product works while collaborating closely with the Creative Director on how the product looks and feels. This position does NOT require to officially manage designers (i.e. Conducting 1:1s and performance appraisal etc.) but you will be responsible for the quality of work of other Interaction Designers.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
- Optimize information architecture, navigation systems, site templates, and design system
- Work with UX researcher to identify research needs, develop research plans, participate in analysis and synthesis, turn insights into action and to ensure the research findings are used during the decision-making process
- Work closely with Creative Director to enhance the overall UI experience
- Facilitate design thinking workshops and develop journey maps and service design blueprints to identify opportunities and align strategic goals across organizations
- Manage projects from concept to execution - from problem statement development to delivering detailed specs to the engineering team for accurate implementation and smooth QA
- Work with Scrum Master to define project management processes, standards, and best practices with the goal of improving cross-functional collaboration, workflows, project estimations, and resourcing
- 10+ years of experience designing across multiple platform digital interaction design for leading brands (minimum of 5 years designing for native apps)
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, design thinking methodology, and user research methodologies
- Excellent project management skills to identify any risks, manage deadlines, and be able to handle projects that vary in scope and complexity
- Experience building a comprehensive design system
- Experience working in an agile environment and training others
- Experience facilitating workshops and brainstorm sessions
- Comfortable taking vague directions from the executive team members and presenting viable solutions promptly with strong design rationale regarding your decisions
- Expertise with common design tools (InVision, Sketch, Abstract, Overflow, and Adobe CS, etc.)
- Financial or retail services industry experience
- Leadership experience
- Lead and inspire a team of Interaction Designers by setting higher standards
- Use active listening skills to resolve conflicts with stakeholders
- Help team navigate through periods of growth and change
- Demonstrate Paidy values every day - to take the hassles out of payment and purchase experiences from our customers
- Bachelors or higher degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, CS, or related field.
When you applying, please include URLs for an online portfolio to be considered. Please include details of your responsibilities and accomplishments for each of the samples provided.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.