Head of Investor Relations
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
We're looking for an experienced Head of Investor Relations to join our company. Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service platformer with the mission to spread trust through society and give people room to dream. We are currently in a very exciting phase of growth as we prepare to boost our presence and momentum in Japan - preparing for IPO.
We are looking for a bright and energetic experienced Investor Relations professional to help strategically position Paidy in the investment community and capital market through the mutual communication with global investors, analysts and stakeholders
In this role, we seek an IR professional who is capable of managing and operating at a high level and would enjoy the opportunity to build and execute an IR strategy from scratch. The preferred candidate will report to the CFO, closely working internally with the Chairman, CEO, CMO, Head of PR, Risk & Analytics - as well as the Board of Directors.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Head of Investor Relations will be responsible for planning and directing all aspects of Paidy’s investor relations policies, objectives, and initiatives, specifically;
- Develop framework that clearly articulates both current performance and long-term strategy
- Develop, manage, and cultivate investor relationships and communications
- Analyze and present on market trends, competitive behavior, shareholder concerns, and other factors that may impact the business
- Oversee and manage quarterly earnings calls and shareholders meetings, help prepare management for Q&A
- Lead the preparation of presentations, including investor decks, IR web site and annual reports etc.
- Ensure regular communication with existing investors, while targeting new potential long-term investors
- Organize conferences and analyst sessions for IR/management to participate in
- Coordinate with PR team to help reinforce Company narrative
- Advise the CEO, CFO, and leadership team on financial and industry trends, shareholder concerns, and competitor actions, regularly.
Skills and Requirements:
To apply for this role, you have 8 years of experience in an investor relations role and/or capital markets role (e.g. .investment banking).
- Strong track record of creating positive relations with the investor community and equity research analysts
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (working with external and internal stakeholders including senior leadership)
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate finance
- Awareness of selective disclosure and materiality issues as they relate to financial reporting
- Knowledge of TSE disclosure requirements and filings, accounting concepts and financial analysis
- Prior experience in IPO is a plus
- Nice to have: financial services or high growth technology sector experience
- MBA is a plus
Language skills - ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in English and Japanese
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける