Head of Front End Engineering
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Reporting to the CTO, looking for front-end & mobile engineer leaders to join our growing engineering team; lead and build a talented and creative team. Will be collaborating with Sales, Marketing & Experience, Product, other Engineering/Technology peers in order to roll out new features and implement ongoing process improvements. This leader will have a strong vision and ensure compliance with Security and Architecture principles and guidance and best practices. You will always work to balance quality, security, and speed. Initially, this work will require to be more hands-on and more operationally involved in day-to-day execution.
Key Role and Responsibilities
This position will manage the day-to-day activities of the team as well as the management and execution of site/software development projects against our product roadmap. Responsible for designing and developing world-class customer-facing solutions and experience leveraging the latest technologies. In addition, will have the following duties:
- Manage our Front End and Mobile teams – coaching, advocating and unblocking them to ensure a productive and fully engaged team.
- Own the execution and delivery of front-end and mobile team engineering projects.
- Proactively manage backlog to properly allocate resources for ensuring high-quality product delivery in a timely manner.
- Evolve and refine workflow and process with cross-functional partners.
- Build a culture of engineering excellence with a focus on consumer experiences, performance, scalability, privacy, and security.
- Maintain engineering productivity ensuring that work-life balance is maintained.
- Define metrics of success for the front-end and mobile teams.
- Drive the execution and delivery of features and new products.
- An active member of the Architecture Review Board; ensuring technology stack is coherent and supports the evolution of technology stack/technologies as necessary and when required.
Skills and Requirements
These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- A Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related subject (Experience considered in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years designing, building, shipping, and maintaining efficient, reliable data pipelines, and data models as part of a data warehouse solution
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with deployment on Cloud (i.e. AWS) based production system with CI/CD pipeline.
- 5-7 years of people management experience.
- Proficiency with at least one of the component-based functional UI frameworks, e.g. React, Angular, or Vue.
- Experience building and shipping complex mobile applications for either iOS or Android.
- Knowledge of multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices and caching mechanisms.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, specifically a demonstrated ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic matrix, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Able to communicate difficult technical concepts clearly to a variety of individuals of varying technical expertise and understanding
- Detail-oriented, creative problem-solving skills, and get the right things done
- Highly organized and capable of providing appropriate technical leadership while requiring minimal day-to-day guidance
- Experience building teams to operate at scale
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 150+ colleagues from 30+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける