Sr. Marketing Manager (Consumer/Brand Marketing)
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
The Consumer/Brand marketing team is part of the Marketing/Experience Division which is responsible for connecting Marketing, Branding, UX/UI and CX to develop experiences, engagements and communication that have a long-term meaningful impact.
This position reports to the Head of Marketing, working very closely with other functions, such as designers, Product, PR, Risk & Analytics as well as outside agencies
We are looking for an energetic and hands-on marketer, who is excited about creating and optimizing integrated marketing plans and customer experiences that delights prospects and customers and profitably grows the business. If you are someone who enjoys using a combination of data, consumer research and creative design in order to explore, identify and satisfy the unfulfilled needs and desires of our customers and prospects and likes working in a fast-paced environment, Paidy may be your next move in your career. Key areas of responsibility:
● Define target audience, value propositions, for sub-brands/products
● Develop and executing marketing strategies against business KPIs (e.g. target specific, seasonal, product innovations)
● Deliver and review campaigns across various touchpoints cross functionally and with partner agencies to a high quality standard
To apply for this role, you'll need ~5 years of brand marketing experience, preferably on the client side or in a strategic planning role at an ad agency. You will be a confident self starter with the passion and enthusiasm to get stuck into projects to deliver great business results. And you'll have an entrepreneurial approach and creative spark which you can bring to the Paidy brand.
The competencies and experience we are looking for:
● Excellent track record on developing ATL, BTL, Digital comms from briefing to final execution partnering with external agencies and influencing internal stakeholders
● Launched consumer relevant and commercially successful new products and range optimizations
● Led/contributed to deep consumer understanding projects, with capability in identifying valuable consumer insights from both quantitative and qualitative data points turning them into strategies to win
● Strong ability to decode problems and articulate the challenge simply and effectively - along with a confident and influential presentation style
● Analytical ability combined with an entrepreneurial approach and commercial sense - including a strong track record of having worked with commercial and sales teams
● Experience of working with different stakeholders, e.g. creative team, designers, product, analysts etc.
● Ability to effective manage projects
● Language skills - ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both English and Japanese
● Business education - whilst not a prerequisite for the role, we recognise the benefit for formal education from a top school inside Japan or internationallyOther Experience
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける